What you get
- Mastered or Unmastered Mix 24-bit 44.1kHz Wav
- 5 revisions
- One Special Alt Mix (ie vocal up, instrumental, etc.)
Because of the large amount of DAWs and mixing hosts, I would prefer a platform independent mix session transfer.
To do this:
– Bounce down all tracks from the same starting point as separate 24-bit / 44.1kHz stereo/mono WAV audio files.
– If you recorded DIs from guitar and bass, please include them in the mixdown.
– When deciding whether or not to leave in effects on file mixdowns, remember that I will not be able to remove any of these after the fact
– Name your tracks so that it is easily understood what they are
“Rhythm Gtr L DI” is ok. “cool_song _James _take_2_audio_45” is not.
– Send me a full stereo rough mix of your song in addition to all the individual tracks for reference purposes.
– Make a midi tempo map and/or include a text document with tempo and meter info.
– If you send me midi for drums, please include a text document with a midi drum map.
– Consolidate all stems into a .zip or .rar file and send these to me using Dropbox, WeTransfer or Google Drive (whatever you prefer).
– Please don’t hesitate to ask questions during this process.
– I’ve included a link to a very organized folder structure. Please take a look and try to organize your export in a similar way:
TERMS OF SERVICE and Mixing Guidelines
Here are a set of guidelines to establish the our working relationship and ensure that everything goes smoothly. I send this out to all my clients to avoid any confusions and misconceptions. And I also have it here on the website.
Project Turnaround Time
– Please communicate to me you desired turnaround time for the project in advance so I can schedule accordingly.
– I will give you a realistic turnaround time once I’ve reviewed the files to make sure that everything is in compliance with my mix requirements guide.
- After I have reviewed the files, if there are any additional services outside the scope of mixing, needed I will recommend them and we can discuss.
– As noted in my pricing quote, I will do up to (5) revisions per song. Additional revisions will be billed at (20$) per revision.
– IMPORTANT: Please designate 1 contact for your project who will handle all communication about mixing notes. I will only accept notes from that person.
– All mixing notes will be communicated via email in written form. When I send a revision, you have (48) hours to reply back with notes to me or the mix will be considered final.
– If we are mixing more than (1) song, I request to receive all of my notes for all songs at the same time. This helps me avoid confusion and stay organized resulting in less revisions. After we’ve finished the first single, please let me do first mixes on all of the rest of the songs before we do mix notes. Then you will give me a document containing notes for every song so I can do them in sequence. This will ensure more accuracy and faster turnaround time.
- Mastering is applied on all mixes I send. When the mix is considered final so is the mastering.
– I will deliver the files in 44/16 .wav format
If I am mastering, let me know if you or your label needs the following:
– MFIT (Mastered for iTunes)
Let me know if any alternate mix versions are needed
– TV Mix
– Vocals up/down
If you have ANY questions or want to discuss anything in this text, feel free to do so. I want this to be a great collaboration for both of us.
By using the Far Beyond Productions online mixing service, you (Customer) agree and are bound by the following terms of service:
The mixing service is considered non-refundable once I have begun working.
If you don’t respond to a mix revision within two (2) days, the mix will be considered final.
Payment is done via Paypal. Exceptions can be made for swedish costumers. 50% of payment are to be done before mixing begins. Once the payment is recieved I begin mixing. When you recieve the final mix you pay the remaining 50%.
Your Warranty to Me
Customer is the rightful owner of the Master Recording and/or Composition and all elements contained therein and warrants that it does not violate any law or infringe upon or violate the rights, including without limitation all copyright rights, of any individual or entity. If the Customer is not the rightful owner then they warrant to Far Beyond Productions that they have the necessary and required permission/license from the rightful owner to re-record, edit and/or modify the Master Recording and/or Composition. Customer agrees to indemnify Far Beyond Productions its agents or assignees and hold them free and harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, losses, damages or expenses, including but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any failure or breach by Customer with respect to its warranties as set forth in this Agreement. Customer agrees to give due credit to our engineer by placing the text “Mixed by Christoffer Borg” on artwork or in booklet of albums.
Far Beyond Productions is not responsible for loss or damages caused by using its services.
The customer waives the right to bring any legal action(s) against Far Beyond Productions and/or its staff due to any damages or loss, financial or otherwise, resulting from customers use of our recording, tracking, mixing, editing, mastering or consulting services.
Far Beyond Productions reserves the right to refuse service at its discretion and/or terminate service at any time.
Far Beyond Productions only maintains your tracks for a limited period of time following the completion of each project. It is your responsibility to download and store the completed mix and master files within that time period.
The privacy of my customers and their songs is very important to me.
Far Beyond Productions may use the work in whole or in part only for promotional uses only pertaining to its service (such as placing non-downloadable sample clips on the webpage).
These Terms of Service may be amended at any time without notice.